Dear Flower,
In the early morning hours of May 30th, 2012, by accident i had locked my keys to my condo building within my condo unit (i was tired and almost brain dead from lack of sleep) and ended up calling 911 so that a police officer could come help me get in and fix the precarious mess that I left inside my condo. Why did i call 911? Because i felt the mess that i left could easily have started a fire and burned the whole condo building down potentially killing and/or seriously injuring many of the occupants.
Earlier that evening, i discovered why i was continuously having so much trouble connecting wirelessly to the Internet so many times throughout the last few months or so, particularly within my condo unit: it was simply because of other DEVICES placed around my apartment, and even within the battery of my laptop, interfering.
That's right: other devices, tiny recording devices, i.e. "bugs". And *I* didn't put those devices there. -Somebody- did though. Nevertheless, through the process of finding all or -most- of these devices, I ended up basically trashing my place (because I was doing it quickly, they were in tough places to get at, and -plus- I didn't care anymore) including breaking a thermostat in my bedroom looking for some sort of recording device within it. Whatever it was I did to the thermostat, the temperature of the bedroom began to rise quite quickly and significantly.
Since it was not *I* that committed the break and enter crime into my place to place the devices around my unit, it was not my fault that this place was getting trashed as i searched around for the devices. It's a shame.
Prior to messing with the thermostat, I had, for some reason, intuitively decided to open a can of Drano and pour the Drano chemicals all over the carpet in my bedroom. I was finding the devices intuitively, and i didn't know i that time why i had the intuitive thought to poor some Drano on the carpet in this bedroom (the same bedroom in which the heat was beginning to rise). Well, it wasn't until after i *left* the building altogether (i didn't think i'd ever be going back because i already had a new place to move into) that i realized that the combination of Drano on my carpet and the room heating up significantly was a precarious predicament which required immediate emergency attention because not only did i not know how to fix the thermostat so that the room would stop heating up, didn't even have a way back into the building. So, i called 911; despite how embarrassing it was or could have been, I called 911 to prevent the building from burning down and from people getting hurt.
Well, that was an interesting story. Except that's not really the WHOLE story...
Unfortunately, the 911 operator didn't take me very seriously. It seemed as though she thought i was some sort of prankster after i told her my name. She started to attempt to gather all my personal information as though i was about to be arrested for some crime, like pranking the police. A police car even drove by while i was talking to her from a payphone near McDonald's in Bedford, and i waved to it frantically as the police officer drove by, but all he did was slow down a little, stare at me, and then kept moving on. The 911 operator told me the police may arrive in an hour, almost mockingly. Well, i didn't know what to do, so i had to take control of the situation and informed the 911 operator i would be heading straight to my condo building and that i would meet whatever police officer there at the building; then i hung up on her.
Now, she may have treated me that way because i was the same guy that posted "The Burn" on my public Facebook page warning people of chemicals potentially causing some BURN of the skin, but, i don't really know for sure. Nonetheless, i think we've ALL been burned just a little bit.
~Mark
Additional -optional- reading of excerpts from past Journal entries: ;)
October 26, 2010
Dear Flower,
I don't really go to church. I was planning on starting to go regularly with Brooklyn, though. Brooklyn seems to have just recently started to believe a lot more in God. On her last night with me, she was afraid of having nightmares after i tucked her in. So, i told her she could pray to God if she's afraid and God will help her. She was crying a little before saying that, but then started smiling and giggled a little after my little talk with her.
~ Mark
Dear Flower,
I don't really go to church. I was planning on starting to go regularly with Brooklyn, though. Brooklyn seems to have just recently started to believe a lot more in God. On her last night with me, she was afraid of having nightmares after i tucked her in. So, i told her she could pray to God if she's afraid and God will help her. She was crying a little before saying that, but then started smiling and giggled a little after my little talk with her.
~ Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment