Friday, August 10, 2012

#44 - Total Recap Part 3 of 4

August 10, 2012
Dear Flower,
      -          My Anxiety disorder...
o       I started addressing this anxiety disorder through a family doctor about 2 years ago for the first time since I was about 17 or 18 years old (I am now 36).
o       When I was 17, I saw a psychologist for a short period of time who diagnosed me with an “anxiety depression”.
o       This anxiety disorder has caused me many failures in life, much deprivation. There would be much more fulfilling social, and financial, experiences I would be having in my life if it wasn’t for this anxiety disorder.
o       I feel this anxiety disorder was caused primarily due to the way I was raised by my mother and father, and the toxicity that my sister and I went through growing up. My parents were arguing, fighting, a lot; they had bad fights, and had problems with their marriage. The abuse they vented onto each other they also began to vent upon Stacy and I. And it is a sin that poor Stacy and I had to suffer through that. We both are victims of child abuse.
o       My anxiety disorder really started to rule my life right around the age of 16 or 17. It became horrific. Both my parents were heavy drinkers and the “escape” or “happiness” that I learned by that age was that of consuming alcoholic beverages, preferably with friends, but by this age I was getting drunk alone day in and day out.
o       I saw no hope for my future. I saw my future as dying on the streets as some drunk, and that was definitely where I was heading.
o       I started learning to meditate in 1994 when i was 18 years old and it very quickly changed my life for the better

-         Getting angry with ~Sir~...
o       The self-destruction I went through back between 1998 and 2004 when angry or resentful against ~Sir~ and the actions I made to attempt to spite him has made it appear as though I have schizophrenia
o       There were many things I did that were self destructive out of anger and spite towards ~Sir~ including drinking heavily, and making it appear to others as though he was doing serious things to harm me. This included going to hospitals to try to get him “caught”, and this got recorded in my health records, and rather than causing any damage towards him, it simply made me appear to have schizophrenia
o       Never seeming to be able to meditate properly no matter how much I tried seemed to be one of the reasons why I was getting angry
o       I will be looking for second opinions on the schizophrenia diagnosis

-         Bad decisions because of my anxiety disorder...
o       The only way i ever met an individual who basically introduced me to crack-cocaine was because i was trying to self medicate myself so that i could get past my anxiety and talk to girls—so i wouldn't be alone for the rest of my life—so i could be more like you, and have a family, have loved ones around me most of the time. My anxiety is/was so bad i felt i didn't have a choice. All it was was to help me get over a little bump; once i'm past that bump i could be fine, but i needed something to give me the momentum, the confidence. Because i have had a life of very little social successes. I was severely emotionally abused and by the time i was 15/16 i couldn't even function in society. I felt a six-pack of beer and a little bit of crack would give me the confidence to have a few social successes—exactly what i need.

-         The Sundar...
o       I have taken the good looks that I get from meditation in the wrong way over the last couple years or so; for instance, I was often meditating just so I could develop more good looks. Instead of meditating as a service to God, which is how one should meditate, I was meditating to retrieve more good looks. I wanted to achieve better looks and then meet a girl in a bar. Unfortunately, somehow I justified also drinking and doing drugs to self-medicate my anxiety disorder to help me have the confidence to start conversations with girls. 
~Mark

2 comments:

  1. getting "past that bump" rings true for my experience.

    ..still following

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for still following; i appreciate you reading my blog.

      Delete