Dear Flower,
- During the day, on May 30th, 2012, I posted some stuff on my public Facebook wall that probably freaked a lot of people out; I don’t know, or maybe most people thought it was a hoax. I posted something called “The Burn”, which I thought was a disease that was going to be deliberately started by some people with chemicals that cause burn to the skin. And the burn on the skin would feel as a bad as fire. And the disbelievers, the ones that didn’t listen to me, they could be eventually saved, but they would have to go through some kind of purification, or sanitization, process where they would have to be covered with a substance that looks like snow. I later realized that it wasn’t literally a disease at all that was about to be started. I was wrong on that. And, during the next 24-48 hours I was trying to find an Internet connection to get back on the Internet and post on my wall that I was wrong about it being a disease and that nobody had to worry.
- On the evening of May 30th, 2012, I began to trash my place looking for bugs (i.e. recording devices). During the act of doing this, I partially emptied a can of Drano, which is a mixture of chemicals that are used to de-clog drains and that are dangerous in the sense that if they are heated they could cause some kind of fire or explosion; also, if they touch your skin they will cause a burn of the skin. Also, while looking for various recording devices, I broke off the cover of the thermometer for the same bedroom in which I spilled these chemicals on the carpet. I broke the thermometer trying to figure out if there was a recording device within it somehow, and that caused the room to heat up significantly. The heat continued to rise and rise. And I had no idea how hot it would get in there or how to shut off the heat because the thermometer was broken.
- I felt I was leaving the place and never coming back; I didn’t care about the fact that I was trashing the place because I felt that my father, the owner of the unit, was the one who was mainly responsible for placing the recording devices within the unit. And it was the superintended who allowed him access into the building. I’m not an idiot.
- However, I did forget my keys to the unit, and left in a hurry (because I felt that the superintended was probably in the midst of calling the police for what he became aware of what was going on within my unit). The problem is that I not only locked my keys within the unit, which I realized after I left the building entirely, I also forgot about the precarious situation in my bedroom where the broken thermometer was heating up the room significantly and where there was Drano chemicals all over the carpet.
- I realized I had no choice but to call 911. I was embarrassed to call 911 because earlier that day I had posted The Burn on my public Facebook wall which people probably thought was a hoax. But I didn’t want the building to catch fire and all those poor old people in the building to experience some horrific burn of the skin all because of me. So, I had to call 911, I had no choice.
- Problem is, when I called 911 from a pay phone near McDonald’s on Bedford Hwy, the 911 operator didn’t take me very seriously. I was the guy who had, earlier that day, posted The Burn all over my public Facebook wall, and, I suppose, it’s possible that this posting went somehow viral and the Halifax Police were aware of it, and probably thought it was meant to be some big hoax. She told me the police would be there in about an hour, which I thought was kinda strange since I told her I felt the building was about to burn down. She also started to try to gather all my personal information, like my birth date and so forth, which had nothing to do with the point of the call. So, I got frustrated with her, hung up on her, and went back to the building.
- Anyway, a police officer did finally come to the building and contacted the super to help me to get back in. The police officer was just so hesitant. He wasn’t behaving like someone who thought there could about to be a fire, he was going very slowly, and it took a while to convince him that it wasn’t actually a hoax as I showed him the broken thermometer and the Drano chemicals all over the floor, and the various devices that I found. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment