Sunday, August 5, 2012

#40 - Brooklyn's Mother's Predicament -

August 5, 2012
Dear Flower,
There is sort of a foyer at Starbucks-Chapters in Dartmouth by Mic Mac Mall and it is enclosed by glass windows and doors; it serves as an intermediate area between the exterior and the interior of the building.

Today, I was working at Starbucks, and I sat right next to this foyer, which enabled me to notice the plight of a particular bug which was too big to be a hornet, but too ugly and scary looking to not have some sort of stinger or bite mechanism to it. And it was stuck there within this foyer. Somehow it got in, and it could not get out. It smacked and banged again and again on different parts of the windows, and it was encased within this glass trap; it had no way of getting out on it’s own; somehow somebody would have to open a door and either unwittingly let it into the building or help it get back outside into the outdoors. The bug got itself into this predicament.

And I could help but notice the similarities with Erin’s (the mother of my child) situation. I don’t mean to insult anybody; i’m not talking about the ugliness of the bug. I’m talking about the bug’s predicament. Erin is now enclosed within a glass trap with no way out until somebody helps her get out of it.

I have already received an affidavit from her listing various bad things about me—many of them made up, or some how taken out of context and meant to imply something negative about me—as to why I should not be having anything to do with Brooklyn. She made the decision to all of a sudden keep Brooklyn from me immediately after I started confronting her by email about how she is brainwashing Brooklyn to lie and keep secrets about her relationship with her con boyfriend. Even though I’ve been raising Brooklyn with all the love in my heart since the very day she was born, I, according to Erin, am so bad that I must not have anything at all to do with her all of a sudden. All of a sudden, I can’t even speak to her on the phone; I can’t even have supervised visits with her. And I just couldn’t help but notice, kind of humorously, the similarities between the bug’s predicament and that of Erin’s. I don't know what actually happened to the bug. I kinda forgot about it and went back to work.
~Mark  @markenglish13

No comments:

Post a Comment